Individual Research Plan
Individual Research Plan
Individual Research Plan Form
According to the § 10 PUMS Doctoral School Regulations:
- The doctoral student, in consultation with the thesis supervisor(-s), shall develop the individual research plan and submission thereof to the Doctoral School Director within 12 months following the commencement of education.
- The doctoral student shall submit to the Director a draft of the individual research plan within 12 months following the commencement of education.
- Should an auxiliary thesis supervisor be appointed, the plan shall be submitted after such a supervisor has issued their opinion as well.
- The individual research plan should be prepared in line with the template. A template form is provided annually in the announcement of the Doctoral School Director.
- The draft of the individual research plan shall be verified by the Doctoral School Director. Should any formal deficiencies be identified, the Doctoral School Director shall request the doctoral student to supplement the above-mentioned plan.
- Should the Director approve the individual research plan draft, it shall become the individual research plan within the meaning of the Act.
- The individual research plan should define, in particular:
- the planned date of submitting the doctoral dissertation (no later than by the middle of the month, which is the last month of the Doctoral School for the doctoral student),
- the planned schedule of research work to prepare the doctoral dissertation,
- the planned date of publication or acceptance for printing (no later than halfway through the education period at the Doctoral School) of at least 1 authorial publication and 1 review publication or 2 authorial papers in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, included in the list prepared in line with the regulations issued pursuant to the Law on Higher Education – in accordance with the curriculum at the Doctoral School,
- active participation in at least 1 international scientific conference in Poland or abroad (oral/poster presentation).
- preparation and submission of a grant application to Polish or foreign agency financing scientific activities by way of a competition,
- completion of at least 1-month’s scientific internship at Polish or foreign research unit,
- participation in the organisation of Polish or international scientific conference,
- activities for the development of science and didactics (e.g., membership in a scientific association, foundation or commission, supervision over a student club).
- In exceptionally justified circumstances, the doctoral student may request the Doctoral School Director to change the individual research plan. The request must be reasoned and should be submitted before the mid-term evaluation. The thesis supervisor’s opinion on this matter shall be attached thereto.